Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre April 2021.
Yoshie is currently on leave until the 16th of November 2021. During her absence our other Remedial Massage Therapists and Myotherapists can assist you. Your can read more about them here.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Postural and work-related neck and lower back conditions
- Muscle tension and stress
- Recovery from overuse injuries related to sports, exercise and life
- Dry needling with Japanese finer needles and techniques
- Women’s health (pregnancy, postnatal and ageing issues)
Yoshie is a qualified Tokyo trained remedial massage therapist. She is a skilled practitioner of acupuncture, dry needling and massage therapy. After leaving Japan she undertook her Diploma of Nursing at ACU and has further Japanese translation and interpretation qualifications from RMIT.
As a teenager, Yoshie was a national level athlete in Japan. Due to several severe overuse injuries, she gave up her athletic pathway to assist in athlete injury recovery and conditioning. Her main athletic pursuit now is bouldering.
Yoshie’s own injury experience, her nursing training and her holistic observation skills enable her to provide strategic treatments and self-care advice to assist in her clients’ recovery. She is committed to providing customised remedial treatment for athletes and non-athletes alike, with a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
Yoshie’s sessions typically include posture assessment, remedial massage with soft tissue and perhaps lymphatic drainage techniques, dry needling and-or acupuncture along with self-care advice.
- Bachelor of Arts Human Health Science (Clinical Psychology), Waseda University (Japan)
- Australian Advanced Diploma equivalent degree, Hanada College – Japan School of Physical Therapy – dry needling, acupuncture, traditional Japanese anma massage, shiatsu and remedial massage (Japan)
- Certificate IV in Aromatherapy, ACNT
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, RMIT
- Diploma of Nursing, ACU
- Master of Translating and Interpreting (Japanese), RMIT
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- AHPRA registration (acupuncturist)
- Member of ATMS (Acupuncture, Remedial Massage & Aromatherapy)
Personal Sporting Achievements:
- 70th national champion at Japan Championships in Athletics (Women’s 4x400m Relay)
- 41st Japan National Athletic Meetings U16 Women 800m (2nd Place)
- Currently enjoying sports climbing (bouldering)
Yoshie is currently available Wednesday afternoons and Friday mornings but is currently on leave until mid November 2021.