Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre September 2016.
Areas of special interest:
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Clinical Pilates
- Shoulder Rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy for throwing athletes
Scott completed his physiotherapy training at Curtin University in Western Australia and graduated with distinction. He has since started post-graduate studies and is currently completing a Masters in Sports Physiotherapy.
Scott enjoys treating a wide variety of musculoskeletal injuries ranging from those sustained during weekend sport to those that have come about through normal daily activities. Scott effectively uses a combination of manual therapy and exercise-based interventions with the goal of giving each of his clients a clear pathway to recovery. His focus on active rehabilitation has seen him complete training in Clinical Pilates through Polestar Pilates Australia and TRX suspension training. Scott has also spent time working at the Perth Shoulder Clinic where he provided post-operative rehabilitation for leading shoulder Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Scott’s passion for physiotherapy stems back to his previous career as a professional baseball player. He spent six seasons in the United States playing for both the Philadelphia Phillies and Oakland Athletics Organisations, and has represented Australia in international competitions. A combination of elbow, shoulder and knee injuries during his playing career resulted in a significant amount of time spent in the physiotherapy rooms and it was these experiences that lead him to the career that he enjoys today. Scott’s extensive background in baseball has given him a specific skillset for assessing and treating the throwing athlete. Scott has had roles as the physiotherapist for the Australian U’19s baseball team and throwing specialist coach for professional cricket teams the Western Warriors and Perth Scorchers.
Away from the clinic Scott enjoys staying active and is a keen runner, golfer, paddle boarder and surfer. He has recently completed his first half marathon and now has his sights set on ticking off a full marathon in the not too distant future.
- B.Sc. (Physiotherapy) Curtain University
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
Involvement with Team and Associations:
- Sports Trainer West Coast Eagles AFL (2017 – current)
- Physiotherapist Australian U’19s Men’s Baseball Team 2019
- Physiotherapist WA Women’s State Baseball Team 2019
- Physiotherapist Gymnastics Victoria Men’s High Performance Program (2017 – 2018)
- Throwing Specialist Coach Western Warriors and Perth Scorchers
Personal Sporting Experience:
- Professional baseball player with the Philadelphia Phillies and Oakland Athletics Organisations 2003-2009
- Pitcher Australian National Baseball team 2007-2016
- Pitcher Perth Heat (Australian Baseball League) 2002 – current
Scott is available for consultation Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.
Scott also conducts two exercise classes per week. An individual consultation is first required before attending Scott’s classes. For regular attendees of Scott’s classes you can book online here, or phone our reception staff on 9650 9372.