Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre October 2017.
Areas of special interest:
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation at any level of sport
- Bike Set up
Polly always wanted to be a physiotherapist after suffering a serious trampolining injury when she was young. This injury fed her interest in injury prevention and rehabilitation.
She qualified in the UK from King’s College London in 2002. After initially working in Nepal, she completed her rotation in London where she specialised in neurological rehabilitation.
Polly moved to Scotland where she adapted her neurological rehabilitation experience to work in elite sport rehabilitation. She worked as a Physiotherapist with both Olympic and Commonwealth Games athletes at the Sports Scotland Institute of Sport.
Polly also worked at the Scottish Football Association. Here she was involved in developing and monitoring injury prevention screenings for gymnastics, curling and football. She also travelled extensively with both the Great Britain and Scottish teams for European and World Championships.
In 2012 Polly worked as a physiotherapist at London Olympics and the Commonwealth Games in 2014. She was a Physiotherapist for Scotland for the Commonwealth Games in the Gold Coast in 2018.
Since moving to Australia in 2011, Polly has worked for Australian Triathlon and Football Federation Australia. Here she has developed a specific injury prevention screening and individualised programs for triathlon and women’s soccer. She has also developed a pre activation program and daily monitoring for the Melbourne Victory W-League team. Polly continues to work with some of the individual players of the Matilda’s World Cup team.
Polly has developed her own bike screening which focuses on individual movement patterning and activation.
Polly is passionate about individual injury prevention, rehabilitation and movement patterning, and most of all enjoys seeing injury reduction and performance improvement at any level of sport.
- Bsc.(Hons) Physiotherapy King’s College London 2002
- FIFA Diploma
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation and Participation 2008 Strathclyde University Glasgow
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Association of Physiotherapists with an interest in Sports and Exercise Medicine UK.
Involvement with Teams and Assocations:
- Cirque du Soleil – Show Bazzar
- Circus Oz
- Australian Triathlon Development Squad
- Gymnastics Victoria and Gymnastics Australia
- Team Scotland Commonwealth Games – 2018 Gold Coast
- Great Britain University Games 2011, 2015, 2017
- Matildas – Australian National Womens team Senior and U17
- Melbourne Victory W-League team 2011 – 2015
- Sports Scotland Institute of Sports
- Scottish Gymnastics
- British Gymnastics
- Scottish Football Association – National Women’s Team
- London Olympics 2012
- Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014
- London Olympics 2012
- Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014
Personal Sporting Experience:
- Recreational running
Polly is available for consultation Tuesday to Saturday. To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.
If you wish to book at for one of Polly’s clinical exercise class you can do so here. Please note an initial assessment with one of our Physiotherapists is required before you attend a clinical exercise class.