Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre February 2016.
Areas of special interest:
- ACL injury prevention and rehabilitation (non-operative management, post-op rehabilitation and return to sport testing)
- All types of lower limb injuries
Being both a Physiotherapist and Exercise Physiologist Mick combines both professional skillsets to tailor exercise programs specific to his clients needs. He helps patients achieve optimal short term and long term improvements in pain and function.
Mick spends less time with ‘hands-on’ treatment and more time promoting active treatment strategies.
Having spent his early professional years working with both elite youth athletes and the general population, Mick is more than comfortable treating patients of all ages. He treats all musculoskeletal complaints, however he does have a special interest in the diagnosis, management, treatment and prevention of injuries of the lower limb, in particular the knee.
Mick also conducts knee classes three times per week in the rehabilitation gymnasium at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre. These classes are designed to assist in the prevention of knee injury, to strengthen the knee prior to surgery and to assist patients in their rehabilitation post knee surgery. Classes also assist in the rehabilitation in cases of non-operative management. You can read more about Mick’s knee classes here.
- M.Sports Physio (Latrobe University, 2019)
- B. Physio (James Cook University, 2009)
- B. Ex. Sci. (Australian Catholic University, 2002)
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Co-author of the current Melbourne ACL Rehabilitation Guide
- Co-author of the website www.learn.physio
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- High Performance Manager and Head Physio for Collingwood Magpies Netball Team 2016 – 2017
- Head Physio for Newcastle Jets Youth Team (Soccer) 2014 – 2015
- Assistant Physio for U20s North QLD Cowboys Team (Rugby League) 2010 – 2012
Personal Sporting Experience:
Mick is available for consultation:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8.30am – 6.00pm
- Wednesday 8.30pm – 4.30pm
- Friday 10.00am – 6.00pm
To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.