Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre January 2009.
Areas of special interest:
- Marathon running
- Running related injuries
- Enhancing running performance and biomechanics through remedial massage and utilisation of strength and conditioning training
- Maximising potential in event preparation through a multidisciplinary approach of remedial massage, strength and conditioning and sports nutrition
- Dry Needling
Leon has over 15 years experience working as a Remedial Massage Therapist at the elite level having been senior therapist at North Melbourne Football Club and other elite sporting organisations.
Leon is passionate about sport and backed by his Graduate Diploma of Human Nutrition and Certificate 4 in Fitness he takes particular interest in event preparation. He guides athletes of all levels in getting the most from their training, be it through recovery techniques, such as self-release massage, nutrition or exercise selection.
As a keen runner, Leon specialises in injury treatment for runners and triathletes and also in providing techniques of injury prevention for long term health.
Leon incorporates a range of massage techniques and Dry Needling in treating sporting related injuries and common work related pains such as tension headaches and he also provides take home exercises to maximise treatment outcome.
As a keen athlete, always seeking the next challenge, Leon has gained great satisfaction over his many years at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre incorporating a multidisciplinary approach in helping people raise the bar on their sporting endeavours and seeing them achieve their goals.
- Bachelor of Human Biology 2003
- Diploma of Remedial Massage 2005
- Certificate 4 in Fitness 2007
- Dry Needling 2010
- Graduate Diploma of Human Nutrition 2012
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Massage and Myotherapy Australia Member
- Fitness Australia Member
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- Senior therapist at North Melbourne Football Club 2005 – 2015
- Therapist for Cirque Du Soleil 2012
Personal Sporting Experience:
- Marathon running – over 15 and counting!
- 2008 – Athens
- 2010 – Tokyo
- 2011 – Rome
- 2012 – Berlin
- 2013 – Iceland Ultra, 55kms through a foot of snow and ice
- 2014 – Amsterdam
- 2015 – Frankfurt
- 2016 – Kyoto and New York
- 2017 – Nagano, Las Vegas and Philadelphia
- 2018 – Rotorua, Comrades Ultra and Melbourne
- 2019 – Santiago, Mount Fuji vertical ascent
- 2019 – Saitama, Japan
- State level Pro-Am boxing
- Winner of Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic Open Kickboxing Tournament 2016
Leon is available for consultation Monday to Thursday.
Leon’s Boxing for Fitness sessions are conducted Tuesday to Thursday 7.00am – 7.30am. You can read more about these sessions here.
To arrange an appointment to see Leon please phone 9650 9372 or book online.