Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre January 2021
Areas of special interest:
- Management of sports people and sporting injuries
- Balance, strength and mobility training
- Lower limb injuries
- Exercise based rehabilitation
- Women’s and Men’s Football codes (soccer, rugby league and AFL)
After completing a Bachelor or Physiotherapy (Honours Class 1, University Medal) at The University of Newcastle, Kate moved to Melbourne from Newcastle NSW. She brings with her significant experience, having practiced physiotherapy in a leading musculoskeletal private practice as well as first grade AFL and soccer teams.
She is currently a Physiotherapist working in rugby league, for the NRL, with the Victoria Thunderbolts and with the Victorian State Women’s team.
Kate has a passion for sports and musculoskeletal physiotherapy and thoroughly enjoys managing lower limb injuries, tendinopathies and applying active management strategies. She has an interest in athletic performance and injury prevention.
Kate enjoys working with her clients to help them achieve their goals and ensure they return to doing what they love!
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) – University of Newcastle
- APA Sports Physiotherapy Level 1
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Sports and Exercise Group
- Sports Medicine Australia
Involvement with teams and associations:
- Team Physiotherapist, NRL Victoria Thunderbolts SG Ball Team (current)
- Team Physiotherapist, Victorian Women’s Rugby League State Team (current)
- Lead Physiotherapist, Maitland Football Club (2020 season)
- Lead Physiotherapist, Maitland Saints AFL club (2019 season)
Personal Sporting Experience:
- Functional strength training
- Touch football
Kate is available for consultation Monday to Friday. To arrange an appointment to see her please phone 9650 9372 or book online.