During the current pandemic, Emily is available for Telehealth consultations. To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.
Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre June 2017.
Areas of special interest:
- Sports nutrition
- Endurance nutrition (distance running, cycling, short and long course triathlon, ultra-endurance events)
- Gut health, particularly IBS and the low FODMAP diet
Emily is an experienced clinical and sports dietitian who is dedicated to helping her clients achieve their sporting performance, health and wellness goals.
Emily has a special interest in fuelling for endurance events including distance running, cycling, short and long course triathlon and ultra-endurance events. As a marathon runner and past triathlon competitor herself, Emily has experienced first hand many issues endurance athletes face, in addition to learning from her own nutrition/training mistakes along the way (especially prior to studying nutrition!).
Emily also specialises in gut health, especially Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and the low FODMAP diet. She is passionate about ensuring her clients are supported at all stages of investigation and receive personalised advice while being guided through an elimination-style diet (if appropriate).
The focus of Emily’s work is performance and wellness, rather than weight and body composition. However, body composition assessments (skin fold measurements) are available on request if appropriate.
An initial appointment with Emily will consist of a thorough assessment diet and lifestyle, including any medical concerns, training history, current training program, stress, energy levels, sleep, lifestyle, eating behaviours, food likes and dislikes and meal patterns. A tailored nutrition plan will then be created based on this conversation. Emily may further investigate eating behaviours and hunger awareness. A personalised meal plan, creating flexible dietary goals, nutrition education or prescribing an elimination or low FODMAP diet may also be provided. Blood tests may also be requested if required.
In her spare time Emily loves creating balanced and delicious recipes, running and rock climbing. Her favourite foods are chocolate mousse, goats cheese and pomegranate (in that order!).
You can find all of Emily’s healthy and delicious recipes on her website www.melbournenutrition.com.au.
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science, major in Sports Nutrition Deakin University 2008
- Masters of Nutrition and Dietetics Deakin University 2012
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Dietitians Association of Australia
- Sports Dietitians Australia
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- Melbourne Triathlon Club 2012-2013
- Box Hill Hawks 2008 – 2011
- Sandringham Zebras VFL 2016 – 2017
Personal Sporting Experience:
- Great Barrier Reef Adventure Marathon 2018
- Melbourne Marathon 2010, 2016
- Run Melbourne Half Marathon 2010, 2011, 2014, 2018
- Sandy Point Half 2018
- Geelong Half Marathon 2011, 2015
- Gatorade Triathlon Series 2012-2013
Emily is available for consultation each Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.