Dr Tiarni Tomita
During the current pandemic, Tiarni is available for both telehealth and in room consultations for her existing patients. To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.
Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre January 2021.
Dr Tiarni Tomita (also known as Dr Aiko) is a well-known Japanese General Practitioner in Sydney and Melbourne. Tiarni has worked as a GP in Sydney and rural NSW before she moved to Melbourne in 2015. On the days she is not seeing patients, she engages in a clinical research that is run by University of Oxford. She often appears on Japanese media as a Melbourne correspondent.
She has considerable experience in providing medical care for people from non-English speaking background as well as local residents.
She believes that one style of medicine does not suit everyone and aims to provide customised care for her patients.
Areas of special interest:
- Mental health (GPMHSC FPS Provider)
- Family planning/Contraceptive advice
- Women’s Health
- Sexual Health
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Biochemistry/Microbiology) – Queensland University of Technology, 1995
- Bachelor of Medicine – University of Newcastle,2002
- Fellowship of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners – 2012
- Philosophy of Doctor (Medical Science) – Tokai University, 2015
- General Practice Mental Health Standard Collaboration Focused Psychological Strategy Provider, 2017
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Australian Medical Associations
- Associate Professor (Clinical Pharmacology), Tokai University, Japan
- Regional Coordinating Centre Clinician for Japan, EMPA-Kidney, University of Oxford
To arrange an appointment to see Tiarni please phone 9650 9372 or book online.