Dr James McLaren
During the current pandemic, James is available for both face to face and Telehealth consultations. To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.
Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre December 2015.
Areas of special interest:
- Acute injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Joint pain
- Managing medical conditions and illnesses in exercise
Dr James McLaren is a sports doctor involved with WSL (World Surf League), assisting North Melbourne Football Club and providing independent match day coverage to Melbourne Rebels home matches. He was a doctor at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics with the Australian Team.
James has an interest in acute injuries, overuse injuries, joint pain, tendinopathies, and managing medical conditions and illnesses in exercise.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery) 2009
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Registrar
- Australasian College of Sports Physicians Registrar
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Member AFL Medical Officers Association
- Member Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Member Australasian College of Sports and Exercise Physicians
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- World Surf League Event Doctor – Bell’s Beach, Teahupoo Tahiti, Gold Coast, Taiwan, China
- North Melbourne Football Club – Assistant Doctor / VFL Doctor
- Super Rugby Independent Match Day Doctor
- 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics – Australian Deputy Medical Officer
Personal Sporting Experience:
Outside of work James enjoys surfing, kite surfing, snowboarding and walking his dogs.
James is available for consultation Tuesday to Thursday.
To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.