Di is available for both face to face and Telehealth consultations. However, Di and all of the Eat Love Live Dietitians who consult at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre are currently unable to take on new bookings. To see another of the Eat Love Live Dietitians please phone Eat Love Live Reception on 9087 8379, fax 03 9088 0249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an existing client of Di’s you can arrange an appointment by phoning 9650 9372 or booking online here.
Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre September 2010.
Areas of special interest:
- Eating disorders (Anorexia nervosa, Bulimia nervosa, NOSFED, Binge Eating Disorder, Compulsive Overeating)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Gastrointestinal Nutrition including irritable bowel syndrome or malabsorption of lactose or fructose
- Insulin resistance, impaired glucose tolerance Type 2 or gestational Diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- High cholesterol, high triglycerides, hypertension and other heart health problems
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Women’s health including menopause and osteoporosis
- Adequate nutritional intake during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Nutritionally adequate vegetarian eating
- Eating for good health and vitality
Throughout her life Diane has maintained a keen interest in and passion for food and its relationship to health and disease.
Diane is highly skilled in communicating specialist advice in a practical way to people of all ages and at different stages of life. Her experience includes clinical nutrition, group education, group facilitation, health promotion and resource development. Diane has worked in a variety of settings including community, private and public health.
Diane aims to assist clients to improve their health through better food choices and lifestyle modification. Diane is experienced in providing support for those diagnosed with specific medical conditions such as type 2 Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, triglycerides, hypertension, irritiable bowel syndrome, food intolerances and Coeliac disease.
For those seeking advice for general health and wellbeing Diane can provide sensible and non-prescriptive advice about food and nutrition. She can assist with dispelling food myths and erroneous information commonly found in the media.
Diane believes that you are how you eat. When assisting with weight management Diane uses a non-dieting approach with a focus on eating behaviour and normalising eating, in doing so clients learn how to respond to their body’s natural cues of hunger and satiety and to develop a healthier relationship with food.
Diane’s key area of expertise is in Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating. She has worked exclusively as Dietitian and Senior Clinician for the Mandometer Clinic in Melbourne, a treatment model for Eating Disorders developed at the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm Sweden. The model is behaviour based and focuses on normalising eating.
Through her training at the Karolinska Institute and her experience working with individual sufferers and their families she and has developed a sound understanding of eating disorders and their treatment. Earlier this year Diane returned to Sweden for further training in the treatment of obesity.
To enhance her skills in facilitating behaviour change and to gain greater insight into the counselling role Diane has completed professional development in health coaching, motivational interviewing, mental health first aid for adolescents and is currently undertaking training in counselling skills at The Cairnmillar Institute.
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics, Monash University, Melbourne 2005
- Diploma of Counselling, Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors, Australia (in progress)
- Sports Nutrition, Australian Institute of Sport, 2006
- Motivational Interviewing
- Health Coaching
- Mental Health First Aid for Adolescents
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- Dietitians Association of Australia
- Eating Disorders Victoria
Diane is available for consultation each Tuesday and Wednesday.
To arrange an appointment to see Diane, please phone 9650 9372 or book online.