Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre January 2021
Areas of special interest:
- Musculoskeletal conditions – persistent low back and joint conditions
- Positive exercise and lifestyle change
- Disease management (Diabetes, Cardiac, Lung and Vascular conditions)
- Seniors’ Osteoporosis and Falls Prevention Programs
- Neurological conditions (Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease and Stroke)
- Weight Management
- Cancer and Metabolic Syndrome programs
Danilo is an ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologist with over 9 years of experience in the management of various injury and disease conditions, through supervising and encouraging appropriate exercise and lifestyle change.
After years of practicing in Italy within the Department of Peripheral Arterial Disease & Rehab, Danilo moved to Australia in 2013 to advance his career in Exercise Physiology and further pursue an active lifestyle. He has recently replaced water polo and boxing with resistance training and running.
At Victoria University he has both clinical and educational roles. Along with his extensive practical experience and knowledge base, he has a passion for managing various clinical conditions with up to date, evidence-based Exercise Physiology methods.
In addition to his own extensive sporting experience and active lifestyle, Danilo also has a particular interest in helping sedentary, “non-gym” clients improve their health and physical activity levels through exercise and lifestyle change.
In delivering his programs Danilo has a positive and encouraging approach, using relevant clinical tests to measure progress using the purpose-built rehabilitation gym. He also actively supports his clients with their home programs to help them achieve their goals.
Danilo works closely and cooperatively with other health care practitioners, ensuring Exercise Physiology is a relevant, balanced component of the client’s comprehensive health care. Medicare rebate for Exercise Physiology may apply through GP referral via the Chronic Disease Management Program.
Danilo is also an Italian speaker.
- Bachelor in Human Movement Sciences (Technical-Sports stream). University of Ferrara (Italy)
- Master in Sciences and Techniques of Preventive and Adaptive Movement Activities. University of Ferrara (Italy)
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- ESSA ( Exercise and Sport Science Australia)
- Victoria University Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation Clinic Manager
- Victoria University, Lecturer of Clinical Exercise Practice – Bachelor of Exercise Science and in the Master of Clinical Exercise Science and Rehabilitation.
Personal Sporting Experience:
- Swimming and Water Polo (7 years)
- Kick boxing and Boxing (15 years)
- Currently running and resistance training
Danilo is available on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
To arrange an appointment to see Danilo please phone 9650 9372 or book online.