Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre February 2020
Areas of special interest:
- Combat sports injuries
- Injury prevention for fighters
- Sport and work related pain and injuries
Dan has over 15 years’ experience working with athletes and military personnel as a former Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps, and as a personal trainer/boxing coach.
Dan’s life and work has been based around fitness since the age of 18. Dan’s passion for training started with combat preparation for Marines as an Enhance Marksmanship Instructor for his Company, and remedial physical fitness instructor for his subordinate Marines prior to combat deployments. Dan has vast knowledge in fight preparation for combat sport competitors and has been in the corner for many boxers over the years.
As a former amateur heavyweight boxer, Dan specialists in injury prevention for fighters by providing techniques for recovery and injury prevention.
Dan incorporates a range of techniques such as exercise rehabilitation therapy, dry needling, and mobilisations in treating sporting related injuries and work-related pains due to prolonged postural positions for office workers and repetitive strain injuries for tradespeople and body builders.
- Dry Needling Certification 2017
- Diploma of Remedial Massage Therapy 2015
- International Boxing Association Start-1 Coach Certification 2014
- Advance Diploma of Nutritional Medicine 2014
- Certificate IV in fitness 2009
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Myotherapy Association Australia
- International Sports and Sciences Association
Personal Sporting Experience:
- Brizzie Brothers Boxing Cup May 2016
- Boxing Victoria Titles May 2014
- United Firefighters Union Boxing Cup February 2013
- Lionel Rose Boxing Cup November 2012
- Hammer’s Gym Interclub Cup August 2012
Dan is available for consultation Monday and Friday.
To arrange an appointment to see Dan please phone 9650 9372 or book online.