Commenced at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre June 2018.
Amanda will be on Maternity Leave from the 30th of August 2019. During this time, our Physiotherapist Jessica Frydenberg will be looking after Amanda’s patients. To schedule an appointment with Jessica, click here.
Areas of special interest:
- Pelvic Health Assessments (click here for more information)
- Physiotherapy Exercise Classes (including the use of pilates equipment) (click here for class timetable)
- Dry Needling
- Running Gait Analysis
Amanda graduated with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy from La Trobe University in 2008. Since then she has had varied experience working in sports, general musculoskeletal and chronic pain primarily in private practice and some hospital work.
Amanda has a special interest in pelvic health, which includes women’s and men’s health. Her other passion is in physiotherapy exercise programs incorporating clinical pilates. She has undertaken further studies in both areas, including gaining a Postgraduate Certificate for Physiotherapy for the Pelvic Floor from The University of Melbourne, and becoming an accredited Clinical Pilates Instructor from the Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute.
Amanda recently returned from Brisbane working at an expert pelvic health clinic for 3 years, where she worked with clients experiencing a broad range of pelvic health dysfunctions, and helped to develop a pelvic floor safe exercise class for the local community.
Amanda’s philosophy is to empower her patients with up to date information and to give them the confidence to achieve their health goals.
- Postgraduate Certification Of Physiotherapy (Pelvic Floor), University of Melbourne, 2015
- APPI certified Pilates Matwork Instructor, 2013
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University, 2008
Professional memberships and positions:
- Committee member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association Women’s, Men’s Pelvic Health speciality group
- Australian Physiotherapy Association member
- Previous memberships to International Continence Society and Continence Foundation of Australia
Personal sporting experience:
- 2017 Brazilian jiu-jitsu and Brisbane BJJ Open competition
- 2016 Noosa Triathlon team
- Melbourne Half Marathon, 2011
- Run 4 the Kids multiple years
- Netball, surfing, snowboarding
Amanda is available for consultation Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
To arrange an appointment to see Amanda, please phone 9650 9372 or book online. If booking online for Pelvic Health Physiotherapy, please select the ‘Pelvic Health Physiotherapy’ appointment type.
If you wish to book at for one of Amanda’s physiotherapy exercise classes you can do so here. Please note an initial assessment with one of our Physiotherapists is required before you attend a clinical exercise class.