Matt graduated from the University of Sydney in 1998, from there spending many years working in General Medicine, Ophthalmology and Emergency Medicine.
Over the last ten years he has transitioned into full time sports medicine, and is currently in the final year of the ACSEP Sports Physician Training Program.
During this time, he has gained considerable experience in looking after patients of all ages and of all athletic abilities. He has a special interest in conservative management of degenerative joint conditions. He has developed expertise using ultrasound guided intervention for joint and tendon disorders including the use of autologous blood, hyaluronic acid, PRP (platelet-rich plasma) and Autologous Conditioned Serum.
Matt has considerable experience covering a wide range of sports.He is currently involved in research into the incidence of patello-femoral pain/osteoarthritis following ACL rupture and reconstruction, and investigating new MRI modalities to assess early cartilage changes in these patients.
He is also involved in research investigating the role of mesenchymal stem cells in moderate knee osteoarthritis.
- MBBS - University of Sydney (1998)
- Graduate Diploma of Epidemiology
- Sports Physician Training Program - Final year 2017
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- AFL Casey Scorpians: 2007 - 2008
- AFL Coburg Tigers: 2007 - 2008
- AFL Richmond Tigers: 2008 - 2011
- A-League and Melbourne Victory Juniors
- 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games
- 2016 Rio Olympic Games
- Considerable involvement with Triathlon & Cycling team - current
- Australian Swim Team - current
- Melbourne Vixens Netball team - current
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians
Personal Sporting Experience:
In his spare time, Matt is a keen recreational athlete who enjoys running, swimming, and yoga.
At home, he is blessed to have a wonderful wife and five children that keep him busy outside sports medicine practice.
Matt is passionate about his involvement in sports medicine, and the long-term benefits of keeping the community active from both a physical and psychological perspective.
Matt is available for consultation Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.