All of our practitioners are offering phone/video consultations for our existing patients.
For medical consultations with our Sports Doctors and General Practitioners, if you meet the Government eligibility requirements there is no out of pocket fee.
If you do not meet with Government eligibility requirements there will be a reduced fee of either $44.90 or $87.00 depending on the length of your consultation. This is the amount that the Government would have provided had you met the eligibility requirements.
The Government eligibility requirements are:
- you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (or) you are required to isolate
- yourself in quarantine in accordance with home isolation guidelines issued by Australian Health Protection Principle Committee (or)
- you are required to isolate yourself in quarantine in accordance with home isolation guidelines issued by Australian Health Protection Principle Committee (or)
- you are at least 70 years of age (or)
- you are at least 50 years of age and of Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander descent (or)
- you are pregnant (or)
- you are a parent of a child under 12 months (or)
- you are under treatment for chronic health conditions or you are immune compromised (or)
- you meet with current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection
Our Sports Physician Dr Matthew Chamberlain is able to offer phone consultations for the review of injuries or for the discussion of results. The cost of his phone consultations in most cases will be between $57.30 and $74.00 (depending if you have a referral to see Matt from your General Practitioner). Unfortunately there is no Medicare rebate for Matt’s phone consultations.
When you have booked a telephone consultation, please be aware that your practitioner will ring you as close as possible to your appointment time. Please ensure you are available to take the call. Also please note that the call may come from a ‘blocked’ number as the practitioner may be calling from their personal mobile, or from their home phone. They may also in some cases be trying to reach you after hours.
We should also mention that some consultations cannot be conducted via phone. We therefore ask that you call us on 9650 9372 if you are unsure if your health condition can be managed via telephone.
Phone consultations with our medical staff can be booked online here.
Our allied health staff are also offering phone and video consultations but at this stage they cannot be booked online. Please phone us on 9650 9372 to arrange a consultation. The ‘telehealth’ consultation fee for our Physiotherapists, Podiatrists and Exercise Physiologists $70.00 for 30 minutes. The fees for ‘telehealth’ consultations with our Dietitians are the private fees listed on our fee page. Unfortunately Medicare and private health insurance companies do not offer a rebate for ‘telehealth’ consultations with your allied health practitioner. We are working hard with professional associations to have this changed.
Please phone us if you require any additional information.
We are here to help.