During the current pandemic, Mick is available for Telehealth consultations only. Therefore, knee classes are temporarily suspended. To arrange a Telehealth appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.
Knee classes are conducted at The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre under the guidance of Physiotherapist, Mick Hughes.
Mick has dual qualifications, being both a Physiotherapist and Exercise Physiologist and has a special interest in the diagnosis, management, treatment and prevention of injuries of the lower limb.
The classes are designed to facilitate recovery from a variety of knee injuries to allow the return to high level sport and physical activity.
The classes also provide a cost effective alternative to one on one treatment sessions in a motivating environment.
Mick’s classes are also educational, providing patients with knowledge to empower them to drive their recovery independently into the future.
Mick’s approach is quite unique in that he combines his skills as a Physiotherapist with his skills as an Exercise Physiologist to tailor exercise programs to the specific needs of the patient for optimal short term and long term improvements in pain and function.
As a result, he spends more time promoting active treatment strategies to his patients for what he personally believes results in superior and sustained long term improvements in pain and function.
Mick’s knee classes are designed for those:
- recovering from a knee injury for example patello-femoral joint pain, MCL sprain, patella dislocation, degenerative meniscus
- recovering from knee surgery for example ACL reconstruction, knee arthroscopy, total knee replacement, patella stabilisation (minimum four weeks post op)
- aiming to increase strength prior to surgery
- aiming to return to physical activity after prolonged inactivity
- aiming to increase strength to prevent injury for all sports and recreational activities
- aiming to increase and maintain strength and mobility for life
Classes hold a maximum of four participants and are conducted at a variety of times to accommodate busy schedules.
In order to participate, a one on one assessment with Mick is required.
If you are new to The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre Physiotherapy Department a 40 minute appointment is required. For existing patients of The Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre Physiotherapy Department a 30 minute appointment is required.
The cost of each class is $50.00, if you purchase ten (10) classes in advance, the cost is $45.00.
To arrange an appointment, please phone our reception staff on 9650 9372.
If you are a regular attendee at Mick’s classes you can book online here.